Sunday, September 18, 2005

You Get Bit the First Time, It's the Dog's Fault....

Well this wasn't the first time. And yet I thought it would be different. I don't know why I thought that. I don't know why I thought she could keep her mouth shut. It's my own fault for trusting her.

I told my mother something in confidence the other day, stressed the reason for the confidence. I really thought she understood what I was saying to her. And then come to find out, that less than five hours after I spoke with her, she was at one of my sister's houses and spilling..."Ellie told me blah, blah, blah."

I'm so mad right now. I immediately called her, and of course she's not home. I left her a stern "please call me as soon as you get home. I need to speak to you" message. And not speak with you, to you. I'm going to give her an earful when I talk to her.

Why can't I have a mother that can be trusted with secrets? Why can't I have a mother who isn't into playing games, who isn't all about the manipulation? I don't know whether to laugh or cry right now.

No comments: