Wednesday, September 21, 2005

At Least It's Hump Day

Work is still...work, for lack of a better term. Things are getting a little strange. My boss made a presentation to all the deans last week and got raked over the coals by them -- about what our office is or isn't doing for them. Which in turn makes me feel like shit since I'm their main point of contact. We (my colleague who handles the other half of the deans), my boss and his boss have a meeting on Tuesday to talk about all of this. I can hardly wait.

On top of that, when our department was created three years ago, it was created from the recommendation of a consultant. Now the consultant is coming back next week to meet with, yup, the deans, as well as individuals in the deparment to see how it's going. There is a small group of people in my department who have gone to our boss's boss and complained about him. It all sounds very ugly and icky -- I just want to sit in my office and do my work. I guess on the bright side, if we all get fired, I put everything in storage and move to Richmond.

E-harmony update:

* If I haven't heard from someone at the first stage -- so I haven't heard from him at all -- in over a week, I've "closed" the match. Which means he can't get in contact with me, and I've given him the reason why.

* There are three men reading my first stage of communication, the close-ended questions. Two have had since the end of last week, one since yesterday.

* There are two who are answering my open-ended questions.

* And one (I just discovered as I was writing this!) who has sent me a message. A real message -- no more of this chicken soup for the soul crap (though I can appreicate the screening process by doing it this way). I'll write more later, after I've read it. Fingers crossed that Jeff, 37 and in sales in Syracuse, is nice.

1 comment:

ellie said...

Yea! That's encouraging. I guess "when you least expects it...." rings true sometimes.