Wednesday, September 07, 2005

When You Least Expect it....

I haven't been on match.com in almost a year, but apparently my profile is still live. I got an email from someone saying that he knows a friend from work (having the pre-approval from someone I know and trust made a huge difference in reading the rest of his email.)

He's a huge baseball fan, close to his family, etc -- all the usual stuff that may or may not be true, that may just be a mirror image of what I've written. But again, because he's friends with Dayna and her husband, I took what he said at face value. Didn't let the cynic in me dsitrust every other word.

I got the email just before I went on vacation -- and life was way too hectic to do anything about it then. But we've been in touch briefly over the last week. He couldn't do anything last weekend because he was going to PNC to see the Cubs (does that earn his extra points -- I think it just might!).

Because he is a friend of a friend, I felt safe enough giving him my phone number. I let him know when I'm usually home from the gym each night. A window may be opening...

No comments: