Friday, September 09, 2005

New Do, New 'Tude

I cut my hair last week. Ten inches. It was a lot. I'm not thinking I'm like Sampson and the "power of my hair" thing. Oh no. Just the opposite really.

My hair has been mostly one length for a good four or five years. No bangs. Either straight or curly, though mostly straight. And mostly, it would be in a ponytail. That was just the easiest thing to do, especially in the summer. But it was getting to the point where I realized that I needed a change. It was unruly. It was hard to take care of. It was too easy to put it in a French braid everyday.

So I kept it long, long enough for the wedding. I had a fabulous up-do for the wedding. And then two days later, having been back in the state of New York for less than two hours, I got it cut. It went from past the middle of my back when it was dry (almost to my waist when it was wet) to just barely touching my shoulders.

It's healthy. It's bouncy. It makes me look longer and yet makes me look more professional at the same time. And amazingly, it gives me more self-confidence. Maybe because it makes me look younger and more professional.

Combine the new 'do with my new (and ever improving) body, and socially I'm a force to be reckoned with. Watch out world. And watch out men of Ithaca. I'm a girl on a mission -- and for the first time in a long time -- a girl who knows she won't be beat.

PS...locks of love is a great organization doing great things for kids with cancer. anyone who has the chance, the opportunity or the hair, it's a wonderful feeling knowing that by doing something as simple as cutting your hair can change someone else's life.

No comments: