Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I've Awoken the Sleeping Giant

Chris called today. Not entirely out of the blue, I guess. I've opened the door and he's walking through. He asked me if he "scratched my itch."

He's so cocky, I felt I needed to knock him down a little. "I guess so."

He pretended to be wounded, and I didn't respond. I launched into how I actually had to buy something with my own money at Old Navy this weekend (he still owes me a gift card for doing his invitations last month) and stories of the great success of the anniversary party and how I was the "belle of the ball," garnering lots of attention at the new me.

He was happy that it went so well and that I had a good time. And then he tried to subtly move into the entire reason for his call. "I should be in Ithaca again in December. Should I plan to stop by?"

I know what everyone is hoping the answer will be. I hate to disappoint, but I said okay. On my defense, I do have a busy month (mammogram, two full days of computer training, going to Syracuse to watch the baby for one full day, a department retreat, the campus holiday party, the building holiday party, and of course, not to mention actual work). I really can't see how I could possibly squeeze in a visit. We'll see.

1 comment:

Erica said...

This guy had better be damn hot.
Otherwise there's just no excuse!! :)