Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gimme Coffee!

I went to the coffee house to listen to B. He did not disappoint. He's amazing. I could listen to him sing all day.

And things are so close to being back to normal between us. I think I'm back to this sweet, little thing he works with, who has the hidden bad girl, which I think both intrigues and scares him. And he's back to this wonderful guy I want to take care of -- in the way that I take care of everyone at work...I bring him a piece of his favorite candy, offer to get something when I do, etc.....he also happens to be this "not-my-type" guy that I still really want to sleep with.

But I realize, he is not boyfriend material. Not for me...and at this point in his life, I don't think for anyone. I do adore him, though, and am thankful for what I hope will be a continually strong friendship.

That's quite the reversal of fortune from my boy bashing a few weeks ago. I guess I'm ready to forgive and forget as long as I'm being treated in a way that doens't make me feel like shit. Which is what was happening, whether it was him feeling uncomfortable or me being overly sensitive (totally not out of the question)...or a combination of the two.

I go to bed with lyrics of Radiohead, Damien Rice and Coldplay in my head...and of course the original lyrics of B.

No comments: