Friday, October 14, 2005

I Really Am Mrs. Jeter

I had the strangest dream last night -- and I can't figure out what brought it on. I didn't eat right before I went to bed. I wasn't thinking about any of the people in my dream before I went to bed, or even in the last few days. Weird.

I was pregnant. Very pregnant. Easily eight months along. And I was married to Derek Jeter. And we were at a store, someone stopped him for an autograph. While he was signing, I felt the baby kick. He asked if I was okay, and I said, "she's pretty active today." He stopped mid-autograph to put his hand on my belly.

And then suddenly we were home (it was the house I grew up in -- for whatever reason, lots of my dreams take place in this house) and I was getting ready for a dinner party. Cal Ripken was coming over with my friend who works for him. Neither of their wives came, interestingly enough -- just Cal and John. (I wonder why A-Rod wasn't there. I think he's better friends with Cal than Derek is. Hmmm...maybe we were mad at him for hitting 2 for 17 in the playoffs.)

I made a fabulous dinner -- chicken cordon bleu, some sort of hot veggie, salad, home-made bread, and mashed potatoes. And then creme brulee for dessert. My brother Bob called -- because he's a foamer and he knew Cal was at my house. I told him he could come down for dessert.

And then I woke up. And I was kind of sad that none of it was true. That I wasn't married and that I wasn't pregnant, but mostly that I didn't get to have sex with Derek Jeter.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I sometimes have dreams that I'm pregnant. Only in my dreams my parents are mad me, I'm freaking out, and then once the baby is born, I forget to feed it or leave it somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I hate those dreams where you don't actually get the good stuff (wink).