Sunday, October 16, 2005

E-Harmony, the Half-Assed Way

Perhaps, I should be keeping a more complete list of my e-harmony frustrations. Though that could get depressing and discouraging.

My bitch for today -- if you pay all this money to sign up and you actually start responding to someone, see it through!

More than once, I have received a match, and gone back and forth through the first few steps with a person. And then...nothing. I wait. And I know people have lives, and they might be away, or not able to go on-line for a few days. But then weeks go by, and nothing.

The latest perp in the long list of guys not following through: Binghamton Dan.

When last we left him, we had successfully completed the first three stages of communication. Next? He was to write me an e-mail. I waited. And then, he decided to put the match on hold because he was "unsure."

Today, he has closed the match, giving the reason of "other." What the fuck? If you're going to go through with this thing, with this on-line dating, give it 100%. Don't race through the steps and suddenly stop just short of the finish line.

Men are really disappointing me lately. Just when I thought there was a little bright spot, BAM, it starts to rain again.

6 comments:

ellie said...

So you did end up meeting her?! Sorry it didn't work out.

Anonymous said...

Ellie, when does the Eharmony subscription run out ?

ellie said...

The three months ends on December 11 -- so I do still have some time. We'll see how the next month and a half plays out.

Anonymous said...

I say you cut your losses now and spend your time on the "assignment" in the book. You really can meet five men a week and it's a lot of fun :D

ellie said...

I'm excited about the assignment -- I'm starting next week. I'm going to Richmond for a long weekend, so as soon as I get back....

Anonymous said...

Ok.... Be good...