Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Where there's a will....

So, look at Ellie....with a little old blind date on Sunday. And it all happened very suddenly -- the planner in me is freaking out a little.

A friend from Rochester, someone I used to work with, e-mailed me on Monday to ask if I was single, and would I be interested in meeting someone she works with. He's 31, does basically the same thing I do for a university, loves baseball (alas, he's a Red Sox fan), and Catholic. I wrote back -- sure I'd be interested, but did you tell him I'm a Yankees fan?

She did. She said she'd give him my email address. Yesterday he e-mailed me and asked if I wanted to get together for lunch or coffee one weekend. I offered up this weekend or next, a few back and forth, and we are meeting for lunch and a movie on Sunday in the very eastern suburb of Rochester (he lives north of Rochester, so technically this is about half-way, with a little more driving for me). And rather than going back and forth on logistics, I said maybe we could chat before the weekend to discuss the details.

He said he'd call last night about 7:15, giving me time to get home from the gym. At 7:14, just as I was sitting down to the Yankees Encore game from earlier in the day, my phone rang. A really nice, easy conversation -- about 20 minutes -- and we're meeting at Uno's at 12:30, and we'll decide on a movie when I get there.

No hopes getting up, whatsoever, but....it sounds promising.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Ooo! Ooo! What are you going to wear on your date?

Anonymous said...

does sound promising

Anonymous said...

how did it go ?