Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Dollar and a Dream

About a month or so back, when the workers from the meat-packing plant in Nebraska won the powerball or lotto or whatever it was for $300 million, it brought up the conversation at work: what would you do if you won that much money?

A co-worker told me that she didn't have a clue. Really? I have it all planned out.

For the sake of this list, let's say that I'm getting $125 million after taxes.

* Pay off all credit cards and car -- and then buy a new car!
* Pay off all mortgages for my brothers and sisters, and in one case, niece
* Pay off all student loans or create college funds for my nieces, nephews and great-nephew
* Buy a house in Cooperstown for the summer
* Buy a house in Richmond for the winter
* Buy a condo in the south for my parents
* Create an endowment at the Baseball Hall of Fame, about $10 million over 10 years -- enough to have my name and picture on something significant -- and join the Board of Directors
* Create a budget so that I don't blow the whole wad before I'm 50
* Annual contributions to Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Susan G. Komen
* Do volunteer work
* Write

Of course you've to play to win....

No comments: