Monday, February 13, 2006

On the Mend

My knee is almost better. Ya know, being the doctor that I am, I can say that. Okay, so maybe it's not almost better -- but it feels almost better. I'm going to up my time, but not my intensity, on the elliptical tonight. We'll see how that goes.

* * *

Chris -- many have expressed disappointment that I didn't write more about my Friday visit. I guess without getting graphic and writing erotica, there wasn't much to say. It felt rushed, because he had to leave for reserve duty. And while our timing with each other is better, it's still not the same when we were seeing each other more often, for longer periods of time. I need a good solid three hours from him, at least -- lord knows he has the stamina -- before I can bring in a definitive verdict.

I also think that there is some reserved emotion between us. Perhaps because we live so close to each other now, that it would be so easy -- too easy -- to fall back into old habits. Habits that led me to heart-ache -- and I think, though he would never admit it, him to it, as well.

He has taken my constructive criticism about not kissing enough to heart, and more than makes up for that now. And though this isn't a real relationship with any future beyond sex, I was proud that I demanded more of him, that I wasn't go to settle for something I didn't want. I wouldn't let him make me feel bad about the encounter, which is what happened when we first got together after he came home from Iraq. He didn't kiss enough -- it felt programmed, it felt mechanical. That, thankfully, has been rectified.

No comments: