Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oh my achin' knees

My right knee hurts. A lot. And not in a good way. I think it felt like this when I was on my running kick. I'm not sure what I've done in the past week or so that overdid it. Maybe working out on a step. Either way, it hurts when I walk up the stairs at work, so much so that I wish I had my brace on. I even took 800 mg ibuprofin last night before bed. I may need to sleep with my brace on tonight.

So I took it easy last night -- nothing strenuous. Thirty-five minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the treadmill, and then ab work on the floor. No weights, no squats, no lunges. I think it's going to have to be more of the same tonight. I don't want to go on the DL -- because I truly have just found the "eye of the tiger" (I'm sorry -- I'm a child of the 80s) and am pumped about working out all the time. I don't want to lose my momentum.

My trainer will be at the gym tonight -- so hopefully she can give me some no-impact things to do for a while.

No comments: