Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday Musings

Where did the weekend go? Suddenly its Monday morning again. And I'm not sure what I did this weekend.

* I didn't work on my cover letter/application for the media relations position.
* I didn't clean the bathroom or vacuum, like I had planned.
* I didn't go to Skaneateles on Saturday because the weather was too bad.

Its a Monday without any meetings, so I'm thinking that while I can't clean the bathroom from work...once I get some stuff out of the way, I can probably work on my application here.

The one big thing I did get done this weekend, and I'm almost embarrassed to say how easy it was -- my taxes! I did them on-line -- and I guess the whole not knowing, never having done it, freaked me out way more than it needed to. Twenty minutes later, I'm getting a nice check from George Bush, and I owe George Pataki $40. You gotta love New York state taxes.

I left Chris a message that I did them on my own. He was impressed (more with that I didn't let the numbers scare me, rather than I actually did it on my own -- a child could have done them). He still has to do his ex-wife's, but I'm off his list now.

And I went to the gym yesterday. I don't usually work out on the weekends, because that would mean working out with all the students. But its like I'm a car, going very slowly toward a speed bump. I have enough mometum to start over the bump, and I think I'm going to make it, and then I roll backwards. That's the way I feel about getting to back to 38 pounds, and over the 40-pound mark. Sigh.

No comments: