Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sometimes Family Really Sucks

My niece is getting married in June, and I just found out that my brother and sister-in-law from Virginia will not be invited. It's upsetting, because no matter the hurt feelings over the situation that occurred in 2005, and no matter how justified my niece feels in not inviting them, it's the wrong thing to do. And for my sister to not step in and tell Erica that they should be invited is even more disturbing.

I don't think Erica realizes the consequences, realizes how petty or small she looks. This is family. At the end of the day, that's who you have. And to hear the hurt in my sister-in-law's voice all over again, three years after that awful situation, just tears me up, because more than anyone in my pretty big family, they are the ones who would -- and have -- go out of their way to help someone.

It's just really shitty. And while we'll all smile and play nice in June, the fact that there are three someones missing will put a damper, and a little bit of ugliness, on the day.

No comments: