Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Opening Night (and day, tomorrow)

Finally -- baseball. It'll be nice to lay in bed tonight and fall asleep to the sounds of a cracking bat, cheering fans, and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan's voices.

I feel like my weekend is just starting and it's already over. I had to work until about 8 on Friday night, and I was back on campus at 8:30 yesterday morning. I think I got home about 11 last night. We had an academic conference on the works of Rod Serling (he used to teach at the college).

It was very fun, but a lot of work, and a lot of standing on my feet all day, something I'm not used to doing for 10 and 11 hours at a time. I taught some of the professors my term for over-zealous fans -- foamers. We used that word a lot when I worked in Baltimore. Foamers, as in those who foam at the mouth for athletes, or as was the case this weekend, Rod Serling. More specifically, the Twilight Zone and to a lesser degree, Planet of the Apes.

They were interesting folks for sure, and then I wondered, oh my god, is that what I sound like when I talk about Babe Ruth. Maybe, but I hope not.

No comments: