Saturday, March 22, 2008

Strive for Five

I went in for my procedure on Friday. And while I hate seeing signs, because it automatically gets my hopes up, there were some signs and some differences than the previous times.

I shopped at Kohl's in the morning and saw a very pregnant woman. She was really the only person in the store that I paid attention to; I couldn't have told you about any other person in the store with me.

When I got to the doctor's office, it was a different nurse practitioner. For the previous four times, Jodi did the procedure; this time, it was Jan. And she had me lay on right side, to help the sperm go to the big eggs. I also didn't bring anything with me -- no Derek Jeter onesie, no good luck charm. I did stop at McDonald's and get a milk shake. Full fat dairy has a positive effect on conception, so I treated myself in the name of medicine!

And then on the drive home, while I was contemplating my chances of multiples (I had six total eggs!), I saw not one, but two sets of identical construction trucks on the highway. Had I not been thinking about twins, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. It was a little freaky.

My blood test would be on a Sunday (the same day that I will be in Syracuse for my great-nephew's birthday party) so I'll go on Monday. That will be the first time the blood test will be on a day I'll be at work. I've already started to feel like this is the one.

I hope I'm not disappointed again.

On a different note, as my Okie friend reminded me the other day as I was lamenting about snow on the first day of Spring, baseball is right around the corner. Eight days and counting until Opening Night.

I got so excited when I thought about it, I hung up my front door decoration -- a piece of slate, hand-painted, "Tis the Season" with a baseball, that I got in Cooperstown last summer.

So I'll watch basketball all day today and tomorrow between errands and preparing for Easter dinner, but know that next Sunday, I get to watch baseball.

No comments: