Monday, January 30, 2006

Random Thoughts

I haven't weighed myself yet. It's been hard. How do I know if I'm doing well? How do I know if I'm losing weight? I've become so dependent on that number as a justification, as reinforcement -- that I'm feeling lost without it. And of course, the practical side of my brain is saying that this is exactly why I shouldn't weigh myself. Still....it's hard.


* * *

Do we really need two weeks between the end of the playoffs and the Super Bowl? All the excitement of last weekend's games have diminished, and now we have get the hype started all over again as all the media arrives in Detroit today.

Yes, it's nice to have the season get us that much closer to Spring Training, but with two weeks off, I'm almost over football at this point.

(more later)

No comments: