Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Century Club

Inspired by Just Thinking from a few months back, here is my list of 100 things about me:


1. I am the youngest of eight.
2. There are five girls and three boys in my family.
3. In the nieces and nephews generation, there are also five girls and three boys.
4. I get along with all but one of my siblings.
5. Ironically, the one that I don't get along with now, we used to be very close.
6. Sometimes I feel like an outsider in my family.
7. I have a tattoo -- Mickey Mouse wearing a Yankees hat.
8. When I graguated from college in 1993, I weighed 252 pounds.
9. Thankfully, I no longer weigh 252 pounds.
10. I am afraid that I'll never get married.
11. I'm even more afraid that I'll never have a child.
12. My fears and insecurities are directly related to my self-perception and weight issues.
13. At various points in my life, I've tried to be bulimic.
14. It never worked.
15. I've wondered about suicide as an option.
16. It never was.
17. My favorite color is blue.
18. I like to think of myself as a "pink" person, though.
19. I hate red on me.
20. I hate my hips.
21. I love my waist -- and I have a great rack.
22. I have red hair.
23. It's my favorite feature on me.
24. My hair is naturally curly.
25. I use a straightening iron on it almost every day.
26. I never wanted a career growing up.
27. I wanted to be a housewife.
28. I would like to start by my own business as an event planner.
29. I'm neurotically organized.
30. I live by lists -- personally and professionally.
31. I like logic puzzles.
32. I watch way too much TV.
33. I can't wait for baseball season to start.
34. I'm concerned about the Yankees starting pitching.
35. I love to read fiction.
36. I'm not a big fan of non-fiction.
37. I've met lots of professional athletes, current and former.
38. I was only nervous with Yogi Berra and Vin Scully.
39. Though I had the chance, I never wanted to meet Derek Jeter.
40. I had an 18-month fling a former professional football player.
41. He is 20 years older than me.
42. I still miss him sometimes.
43. I think bald (or balding) men are incredibly sexy.
44. My football player had a great head of thick hair.
45. I prefer silver or platinum over gold.
46. I have a right-hand diamond ring.
47. It is white gold.
48. It belonged to my father's aunt, from her marriage in the 1920s.
49. I believe in love at first sight.
50. It hasn't happened to me yet.
51. I've been in love twice.
52. Both times, my heart was broken.
53. Pink roses are my favorite flower.
54. I also like lilies a lot.
55. Casey is my first cat.
56. Her full name is Casey Ruth Jeter.
57. I always had at least one dog growing up.
58. I am afraid of the water.
59. I love scary movies and roller coasters.
60. I'd like to have twins.
61. But only in a marriage.
62. If I do the single mom thing, I already have names picked out.
63. I have insomnia.
64. Most nights, I am awake for two or three hours.
65. Sometimes I wake up and never go back to sleep.
66. My mother had a nervous breakdown 10 years ago.
67. I was once treated for depression.
68. The doctor wanted to put me on medication.
69. I refused.
70. My second greatest fear -- to turn into my mother.
71. My father was 40 when I was born.
72. I am afraid he will die before I get married.
73. In college, I had a recurring dream that I was getting married.
74. But I never saw the groom in my dream.
75. I haven't had that dream in at least 10 years.
76. I wish I had kept in touch with more high school friends.
77. My graduating class has never had a high school reunion.
78. When we get closer to 20 years (2008), I will probably volunteer to organize it.
79. I'd like to get back into writing.
80. I'd like to publish a novel or book of short stories.
81. A lot of my stories have a similar theme or thread -- wronged woman, cheating man.
82. Where some women have a "dork magnet," I have a "married man magnet."
83. Having known many men who shouldn't be trusted, I wonder if I will ever completely trust one.
84. I don't consider this cynical -- just realistic.
85. In the e-mail age, I still send birthday cards and handwritten thank you notes.
86. I am in the best health of my life right now.
87. Growing up and in my teens and 20s, I was annually sick (mostly bronchitis) at the beginning and end of winter.
88. I haven't been sick in almost two years.
89. I hope that 40 really is the new 30.
90. I try to go to Cooperstown at least once a year.
91. As much as I've been to Cooperstown, I've never been to any of the other museums -- just the Hall of Fame.
92. I would like to run some sort of business in Cooperstown.
93. It could be a coffee shop/bookstore or a bed and breakfast.
94. I would also like to serve on the board at the Hall of Fame.
95. I eat m&m's one color at a time.
96. I do the same thing with Necco wafers.
97. I prefer peanut to plain m&m's -- and I throw away the black Necco's.
98. I would hate to again live in a city without a Wegmans.
99. I think I shop too much.
100. I would rather buy things for other people than for myself.




2 comments:

BD said...

4 that is still pretty good going and there is no saying it will always be 5 things change with time.

I hope 12 fade and the 49 'crop' into sight 43, 53 in hand proving 83 is a myth. 74 won't be a mystery, 10 and 11 beat out 72.

Well done and good luck with the resolutions...

Well at least I'm not the only 95 84...

ellie said...

Well done yourself -- what a great response. Thanks! :)