Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Miscellaneous Updates

I had a meeting on campus with someone who is very involved in the community, and I told her about my recent job interview. First, she was mortified that I didn't get offered the job.

"How much more experience were they hoping you would have?!"

My thought exactly, but...oh well.

Then she said, "You would have been miserable there. I know so many people who are trying to flee. Its going to be a mass exodus there in the next few months. You would have been going to a parallel universe of bosses -- hands-off and micro-managing at the same time."

So, everything really does happen for a reason, I guess. I'm glad I didn't know any of this before the interview -- and I really don't think she would have told me -- but it certainly helps to cushion the blow of not getting the offer for the position.

* * *

I'm going to Baltimore in May, to help out at a charity event that I used to help organize. They wanted me to go back for it last year, but they asked me too late. So this year, I'm planning on it. Lots of old friends, lots of athletes -- some of which are both to me.

It's my gym motivation for now, knowing that I will be seeing people that I haven't seen since June 2004. That was a lot of pounds and a lot of body fat ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've started going to the gym every morning before work... grr.

ellie said...

Sometimes I don't want to go -- but I always feel better afterwards. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

still going... only 14 lbs to go :D