Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Last Day

My last day of work before vacation, and I'm hoping for a quiet day. I'm not overly optimistic. Last night before I left, I made a list -- complete with check boxes next to each item -- of everything I need to get done before I leave. Does that mean if I get to leave as soon as they're done, even if it's before 5pm? I doubt it.

I started packing last night, and cleaning -- and feel much more ready to get on the road at 5:30am tomorrow. I have way too much dirty laundry (literally) that I am bringing with me. Good thing my brother and sister-in-law are going away -- I think I'll be doing laundry the whole time they're gone.

On the B side of things -- I knew he was working late, so I called his cell phone, got his voice mail and left him the message that I was running to Wegmans and to ICO, could I bring him dinner since I would be going right by work? He called me back just as I was leaving Wegmans, saying that he ended up skipping out of work on time, that he adored me and maybe we could get coffee this morning.

*Sigh* I went home and made him cookies.

No comments: