Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Mom Version of Ellie's Adventures

A few weeks ago, Heather told her mom the very G-rated version of my recent adventure meeting E. Her first response, "I thought Ellie was a nice girl." And then, "what did they do?"

Later that same day, I was on the phone with Heather, her mother was in the background trying to convince me to skip work and go over and hang out with them. "I want to hear more about your story."

"You told your mother?!"

"Yea, she said she thought you were a nice girl."

And then from Sandie in the background, "Get it while you can! Was it good?"

"Mom!"

Last night, she told Heather to tell me, "there are going to be a lot of cute men in Cortland this summer, the Giants or the Jets....some team. Tell Ellie to go meet them."

It reminded me of when Bubbles and I went to NYC last summer and I hooked up with my Yankee. When we returned to Baltimore, Bubbles' mom Diane met us at her place to drop off the dog. We told a version of the truth involving drinking and my Yankee coming back to the hotel with us, but sort of left it at that.

After she left, Bubbles said, "I give her one week before she asks me if you slept with him."

I left the next morning to come back home. I wasn't even out of the state of Maryland when my phone rang. "Diane just called and asked not only if you slept with him, but what time of the month is it and could you be pregnant?"

I love my friends' moms supporting my single girl's search.

No comments: