Monday, April 06, 2009

Happy Opening Day!

Life begins on opening day. I'm a little nostalgic for Baltimore today. And I would have been there if I didn't have a doctor's appointment this morning. Baby making takes precedence, even over the Yankees.

I had a follicle check and they were huge after only four days on the meds. I guess that second stimulant has been working. I had six follicles all together -- two in the low teens (in mm) and the rest between 5 and 10mm (18-20 is mature). So I'm just about halfway there.

I'll continue on my same dosage and go again on Wednesday for more blood work and another ultrasound. At this rate, I could have retrieval at the end of the week or on my birthday next Monday.

I'll take it as a good sign.

~~~~

It is Opening Day, so this morning I texted all my baseball friends, including J and my (former) Yankee. I heard back almost immediately from my Yankee. I congratulated him on getting picked up by another team and being named the home opener starter later in the week.

I heard from J later in the morning: "Thanks, you too. I'm headed down there soon. Talk later?"

"Have fun. And sure, although make it a more reasonable hour next time or give me a heads up that you'll be calling."

"I absolutely will make it more reasonable next time."

Nothing earth-shattering, but I wasn't really looking for that. Just wanted to be a part of Opening Day by making sure I talked to, emailed or texted all my baseball friends in Baltimore.

~~~~

And finally....I made sure I was at the gym for the first pitch of the Yankees/Orioles game. Got on the treadmill, put my ear buds in, and turned on my iPod Shuffle. And the first song that came up was "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Made me even more homesick for Baltimore baseball today.

And if you don't understand that reference...

No comments: