Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

Another trip to Syracuse yesterday and the follicles are growing slowly, but steadily. With three mature, and the other four lagging behind, they've scheduled me for retrieval on Friday. Finally!

I had to do shots last night and tonight, and then blood work (but no U/S) tomorrow. Tomorrow night at precisely 9pm, I will do the trigger shots (hCG, to start the egg release), nothing on Thursday, and then Friday the big day.

I gotta tell you, last week at this time, I didn't know if it would ever get here. Fingers crossed that he can pull out a lot of good eggs.

~~~~~~~

E texted me last week. "haven't heard from you in a while. what's up?"

"I'm sorry...I thought I told you I was the coolest chick you know. I don't cling, I don't hover, I take your lead. You want to talk to me, you know how to reach me."

"you're right, you are the coolest chick i know." And then with five simple words, my stomach did a flip. "miss that mouth of yours"

~~~~~~~~

The over/under on any of my boys remembering my birthday was 1.5. I went under, though I had faith that Chris would remember. Bubbles went with the push. "Chris will call and if J calls, he's only half a man anyway...."

Chris didn't disappoint, though it wasn't on my actual birthday, I gave him credit. When he called two days after the actual date, the first thing he said was "I missed your birthday, sorry. Was it good?"

J didn't remember, despite what he said less than a week before. He's getting closer to being erased from the phone.

No comments: