Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm a baseball nerd, I admit it

I went out to dinner with a friend tonight, and as we were walking through the Commons, I saw a chalkboard in front of the burrito place.

TRIVIA: What year did Babe Ruth hit his 714th home run?

"I know that." And it excited me in a way that only talking about baseball excites me.

I walked in and said, "1935."

The guy at the counter looked confused, until I pointed to the sign. "The trivia question...1935."

A girl from the back came out and said, "You're right, you win chips and salsa."

"Oh I don't need that, I just wanted to make sure I was right. And I think the exact date was May 25."

"Yea that's right."

I walked back out to my friend. "I was right, and he actually hit 712, 713 and 714 that day. In Pittsburgh. And then retired a week later."

"How do you remember this shit?"

"It was my job."

Yup, I'm a nerd, but I know my George stats. ;)

No comments: