Thursday, April 20, 2006

TGIF

I'm down to my last night of dog-sitting. All in all, it was fine. It wasn't hard, but I miss my house. I miss my cat. And most of all, I miss my routine.

I am a creature of habit -- sometimes neurotically so -- and I miss having the same thing for dinner every night, if I want. I miss the gym and the social aspects that I grown to love about that place.

The dogs have been very sweet, and no trouble at all. Calvin, the sad, blind soul, is the hardest. Not only to look at, but also to take care of. I get home each night and let them all out in the back. I carry Calvin out back as well, and then change my clothes. Then I roll all the newspaper that lined his area up and throw it away. Spray the floor with Lysol, give him fresh food and water. And -- and here's where my "everything in order" personality comes into play -- reline the floor with newspaper. In a pattern. Perfect pattern. I'm sick, I know.

Last night I took Ditto for a walk. He kept stopping and looking at me, as if to say thank you. It was really very sweet.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. And doing nothing.

One last night tonight -- finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow is a whirlwind -- gym, eye doctor, home to shower (home!), Bowl for Kids Sake for Big Brothers Big Sisters, grocery shopping, and then my couch. And my TV. And my kit'n.

No comments: