Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Easter saga continues

My mother called me this morning to tell me that she called the restaurant and they would be happy to make me a salad with grilled chicken on Sunday. She spoke to the owner and we are to ask for him when we get there, to let him know that "special order" has arrived.

So now, even though I had resigned myself to not going -- and was actually excited about getting my favorite salad from Uno's -- I think I have to go. And even though, in her own way, she did sort of the right thing by trying to accommodate me, I think its too little too late. When my father didn't like the restaurant we picked for Thanksgiving, and made a HUGE issue out of it, we changed it. No problem. I even called and asked if the new place was acceptable. And it wasn't a big deal -- it was more about everyone being together, making sure everyone was happy. So why couldn't it have been like this on Tuesday night when I called her? Why couldn't she have said, "let me see if I can find someplace else for us to go?"

And I just know that its going to be this big production, I can just see it now, as she makes a big deal when we get there and has the sublty and discreetness of a bull in a china shop. Why can't anything be easy with her?

At this point, I really don't want to go.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Yeah, I know but...you do kinda have to go...sorry :/
I know! Get drunk first!