Friday, April 28, 2006

"Hi, I'm Ellie. I've worked for you for two years."

At the gym the other night, the vice president of my division was there. Now granted I don't have a ton of interaction with her on a daily basis, but I have been at the College for almost two years.

She was on the mat next to me and Whitey while we did abs. Here's the conversation:

Whitey: I went to Cooperstown this weekend -- my first time.
Ellie: Cool -- and how is 25 Main Street?
Whitey: It was amazing.
Ellie (very excitedly): What was your favorite part?
Whitey: We couldn't even get through the whole museum -- we'll have to go back.
Ellie: Did you see the Babe Ruth room? And the Ted Williams diorama? That's my favorite. Even when I was little, that was always my favorite thing to see.
Ms. VP (looking at me): Are you a baseball fan?
Stunned silence from both Whitey and me.
Ms. VP: I should know this, shouldn't I?
Ellie: You've never been in my office?
Ms. VP: I'm embarressed to say I don't think so.

In my office.....nine bobbleheads on the shelf over my desk, a large framed picture of Yankee Stadium, a framed picture of me and Cal Ripken, and various autographed pictures (me and Mussina, Yogi Berra, Derek Jeter, etc).

1 comment:

Erica said...

She called me Kim yesterday. For the 3rd time in 2 years of working for her. Be happy she knows your name. Oyyyyy...