Saturday, August 09, 2008

When it Rains....

Here is a recap of what's been happening in my life and the men who are making it interesting.

J of Baltimore...some of you may remember previous posts about him. Lives in Baltimore, truly believe he is my soul mate and we met too late. We've been friends since 2001...most of the time we behave ourselves and act appropriately. There have been moments of indiscretion, once in person, a long time ago, others via text, a couple times a year.

In the middle of June, we chatted while he was on a golf trip with his brother, and I gave him the low-down on the baby-making project. He was genuinely excited and full of questions. From that time, he has been more than attentive. We've dirty texted (and it has gone to a whole new level) and even had some intense conversations. A text in late June says it all, "this should happen."

I'm waiting for it to happen, even as our conversations grow more and more intense.

I emailed Chris last week to wish him a happy birthday and ask when he was coming for a visit. We scheduled it for Friday. I admit, I was the one pushing for the meeting, the one pushing the suggestiveness in our conversations, the one being aggressive. Even Thursday afternoon when he called, and started to say "will you kill me if...."

I cut him off. "If you cancel on me, you are never hitting this again."

"I'll see you at 11;30."

That's what I thought. It was great to see him, and even though it has been over a year, we fit. When he walked in, I pushed him against the door. It was amazing, and we even talked after more than we usually do. And then I found out way. He was reactived to active duty last year, and just found out that he has to go to Mississippi for two years. This could have been our last hurrah.

Mississippi is better than Iraq, but far enough away that it might as well be. I was happy I called, really happy that I pushed to see him. He did make me feel the way I wanted, the way I needed. And it didn't matter that he only serves one need, that I only serve one need for him. For whatever reason, this works for us.

And while I haven't been actively looking at anyone on match.com, I did get an email from someone last weekend. I signed up for the free three days to retrieve it and ended up emailing this guy a few times. We traded cell phone numbers and have texted each other all week. A few times, he's tried to push it to the naughty level (in a mostly uncreepy way) and I've put the brakes on. I hadn't even met him yet.

We met Friday night for drinks and dinner, and had a really good time. We talked, we laughed. I felt almost completely comfortable with him. He walked me to my car, and we stood there and talked for a little while longer. I was hoping that he would kiss me, but he didn't. He said he would call the next day.

When I was driving home, he texted me. "U R a little cutie." Hmmmm, sweet....flattering....not really sure how to respond. I waited until I got home before pulling the phone out again and was trying to figure out my response, when he called. I told him that I had a good time and would like to see him again. He said he did too, to have fun in Syracuse the next day, and he would talk to me soon.

I was over at my neighbor's giving her the full details of the date when he texted me again. "would u have slapped me if i tried to kiss you"

Interesting. It made me a little giddy. I wrote back that I was hoping he would.

"U don't think its too soon"

"Not really"

"how about it i kissed your pretty feet"

(This is where he wanders into the slightly creepy category. It is way too soon to be thinking about something like that -- or if he's going to think it, he shouldn't say it. And really, the whole foot fetish thing -- I don't get.)

"i think its too soon for that"

"r u frustrated"

(That comment confused me and frustrated me. I had sex today buddy, thanks....I'm not frustrated."

"not even a little bit"

It went on like this for a little while longer and then when he texted something that could have gone without a comment, I stopped.

Overall...I'm excited about the prospect of him. I'm trying not to find flaws where there might not be any, trying really hard not to compare him to Chris or especially J.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: