Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More and more it seems like I was right...

I haven't heard from match-boy since the no phone call and then the creepy text on Sunday night, which leads me to believe that I was right all along. He was looking to get laid as soon as he possibly could.

If I'm wrong, if he was genuinely a nice guy, then he would have called me to see what's up. He would have texted me to apologize for stepping over the line. Or maybe he really is a nice guy, maybe he knows he stepped over the line and doesn't know how to handle it.

If that's the case then maybe I'm a bitch. Do I write off men too soon? Do I find faults and flaws that I can't forgive when really I should?

I'm going to second-guess myself briefly, because in the end, I have to trust my gut. I have to trust my intuition. And I do trust my friends' opinions, who all got the creepy vibe when I recounted the weekend's events.

Top that off with a conversation Bubbles had with her ex this weekend about this very dating website. "All my friends are on match. It's such an easy way for them to get laid. A phone call, a few emails, a few texts, a dinner out and they're fucking these girls."

And so while I do have a friend who found her husband on match (seven years ago), I'm done with it. It has become a virtual bar. A place to hook-up, and not in a very meaningful way.

A year ago, I was at peace being single. I was focused on trying to have a baby. The delay in getting pregnant and the road bumps along the way have made me lose focus, have diverted my attention.

This weekend with match-boy has refocused me. In a good way. For now, I'm okay being single. For now, I need to think about saving money, being healthy (down 13 pounds since I stopped taking the hormones), and getting pregnant. A healthy mind and a healthy body can only be good for helping to grow the baby once I get pregnant.

Someday, when I'm traveling in the single parent circle, I might meet someone. But for right now, I'll enjoy my friends, my family, working out, and trying to get knocked up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drunk girls get preggo!

ellie said...

Let's hope so :)