Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ice cream, anyone?

I went to Syracuse for the day on Saturday. My niece was having a family reunion with her dad's side of the family, so I went up to spend the day with them.

As I was driving home, I texted match-boy. "How was your day? I'm about 15 minutes from home."

"Boring. How was yours"

"Fun but long."

"What are you dong tonight"

"Nothing planned. You?"

"nothing planned" (Ugh....how to respond to that. Is he hinting that he wants to do something or just being curious?)

"Any ideas?"

"We could sit around and eat ice cream"

At this point, I am driving through downtown, on my way home. I pull over. If we're going to meet for ice cream, it's silly for me to go all the way home. So I write back "i love that idea...want me to head out your way"

And then I waited. And waited. Finally after being on the side of the road by the inlet and hearing nothing for 10 minutes, I called him. The conversation was frustrating at best. But basically, he wasn't home or any where near home, and decided maybe we should do this another time. Fine whatever.

So I drove home and as I was unlocking my door, he called and asked if there were any ice cream places near my house. I don't know of anyone, just the one downtown. then he asked if I had any ice cream in my freezer.

I let it go by that he thought he was going to know where I live after one date. I told him all I had was sugar-free popsicles. Then he asked what I was going to do the rest of the night. I told him I had some stuff I could do around the house. Then, because I was starting to get annoyed with him, for the hot and cold, cat and mouse games he seemed to be playing, I told him that I was going to the gym at noon the next day, and would be around after that if he wanted to call.

I talked to Bubbles after that, and had to give her the run-down on my very full week. I, of course, started the story with "well.....two weeks ago I had sex with a New York Yankee...." (Just because if you can start a story that way, you should ;) ) and ended with the ice cream conversations with match-boy.

In short, her opinion is that he's being a little weird, but I should give him the benefit of the doubt. My opinion....it's so much easier to date married men. I say that half-seriously, but come on. No games, no tip-toeing, no "what will she think if I say this?"

Maybe I should just stick with the plan....and be content with the men in my life who are nothing but a physical distraction, and just worry about having a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, yes I know about the Yankee already. Just because you can start a conversation that way doesn't mean you should EVERY TIME....:)