Monday, June 09, 2008

Mickey Might Have to take a Bullet

I went for my pre-op appointments this morning. Blood work and lots of paperwork at the hospital, and then an exam with the doctor.

She was explaining where she will be making the incisions on my stomach -- along my belly button, and one, possibly two, small incisions on my lower abdomen, to the side. Which, one my right side, is the exact location where my Mickey Mouse tattoo is. Dr. M. said that if she only needs to make one cut, she'll do it from the left, but if she has to make two, then Mickey will have a little scar. she said she'll try to make him look tough.

I go from having waves of being nervous to being totally fine. Not nervous about what she'll find, or the pain I'll be in when I wake up, but more silly nervousness about the whole surgery thing itself.

1 comment:

Woodrow said...

You won! Now email me your address and prepare to be disappointed.