Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sisters Showing the Solidarity

I had my IUI this afternoon, and I used a different donor than the previous two times. Let's switch things up and see if that makes a difference. The doctor did tell me that sometimes there is incompatibility between two people, on a biological level -- and they don't know why.

And I read in one of my books that a little self-gratification after the procedure helps. Nothing scientific behind -- pure anecdotal but what the hell. So between the IUI appointment and acupuncture, I came home for a little afternoon delight. And in a show of support, four girls at work promised to go home and have a little "self-service" themselves.

I think only girls could have these kinds of conversations. I can't imagine a guy needing to jack off for medicinal purposes -- and his close friends say, "Hey, we'll masturbate tonight and think of you." Yea, something tells me that would never happen. But it does show me how much my friends are also invested in this with me. They are experiencing the whole gamut of emotions as I do, so why not the orgasm too?

Anyway, I'm being cautiously optimistic about this procedure, but not hopeful. It's a precarious line between the two, but I'm managing so far to stay there.

No comments: