Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My day in review

3am -- woke up with pain/pressure in my abdomen, like ovulation pain, but since I did an ovulation stick last night, I knew I wasn't ovulating

4:30am -- still awake, still feeling the pressure, watched "The Brady Bunch," the episode where Marcia falls for Harvey, the dork who likes bugs

5am -- remember that somewhere in the world it is daytime and they are playing tennis, turned to ESPN2 for the Australian Open

6:10am -- my alarm goes off and scares the shit out of me, I had finally fallen back asleep

6:19am -- think that I can have curly hair today and continue to hit snooze, change to the local news so I can hear the weather

7am -- hear the beginning of "The Today Show," having never heard the local weather; out of bed, realize my hair is too straight to wear it curly, but not straight enough that I don't have to use the hair straightener

7:30am -- out the door on my way to Horseheads for appointment

8:15am -- my second ultrasound in five days, my follicles have grown, but not big enough yet; and my lining looks good

8:30am -- schedule an ultrasound for 24 hours later

9:30am -- finally get to work, complete with $700 sperm in the back seat so I can get the liquid nitrogen tank refilled

10am -- discover that Elmira is the closest place to get liquid nitrogen

10:01am -- laugh at that irony (Elmira is only 10 minutes from my doctor's office, which is 35 minutes from my house and 45 minutes from work)

3pm -- leave work to head to Elmira

4pm -- liquid nitrogen tank filled and perfectly cold, drop it off at the doctor's office, where the receptionist cheerily says, "see you in the morning."

4:01am -- remember that I have to make the trip to Horseheads again the morning

5pm to present -- long, hot shower, watch my soap from today, talk to my niece, my mother and my friend, catch up on local and national news online, eat dinner, check work email

In the next few minutes -- contacts out, teeth brushed, in bed with my new issue of "Real Simple" and the first episode of "American Idol"

good night.

No comments: