Monday, October 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Fran

Today is my mom's birthday. I talked her to twice -- once when I called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday. And for some reason in my family, we always have to know who has already called -- or more importantly, who has been delinquent with the phone call. Sue (the bitch) was the first one and then Reuben -- but I take credit for his call since I left him a message last night reminding him to call his mother this morning. He would have forgotten. I was the third.

And then I talked to her this afternoon, when she called to thank me for her present -- gel and lotion from BBW and a Thomas Kincaide book. I'm so thoughtful. They were quick conversations both times -- and neither time did she say something to annoy me. That must be the trick -- keep it short and sweet.

I do love my mom -- I know I bitch about her a lot. She's a good mom and she did the best she could, and really did a great job raising eight successful, happy, productive kids.

No comments: