Monday, July 11, 2005

Still standing on the steps

I don't know if I'm doing this internet dating thing right. It's not very fun -- and right about now, it's not doing any wonders for the ego. I got an "icebreaker" a message from a 50-year-old man who wrote: are you sure you don't mean a 50-year-old 35 miles from Ithaca? *sigh* It's not even worth responding to.

Am I setting my sights too high? Expecting too much? Contacting people "out of my league"? And what does that mean? Out of one's league? Are people somehow naturally divided into the American and National Leagues? Or the NFC and AFC? Never mind, those are conferences. Anyway, I'm attractive -- some might even say pretty. I'm funny, sweet and have lots of interests. So where am I going wrong?

I've not heard from either potential suitor that I iniated contact with. I did however get an icebreaker from someone who has potential. He's 38, from Syracuse. Hey, if it's got to be an hour away, Syracuse isn't a bad place. So I responded back with my own icebreaker.

We'll see where this goes. I have the feeling that the month is going to be up pretty quick and I'm going to need to decide to continue with this avenue or try something else. In other words, shit or get off the pot!

No comments: