Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Dress Fit for a Princess

I received the "save the date" in February. One of my dearest male friends is getting married in August. In the south. To a debutante. It's going to be a black tie wedding. In other words -- I need a cocktail dress.

I've been "training" for this -- since I got the mailing from Mike and his fiancee, I've been pretty serious about getting in shape, eating right and working out. I'm down 30 pounds and about 12 inches.

Last weekend I went shopping and found "thee" perfect dress. Strapless (yikes!), and black, and with a little tulle underneath the skirt. I wrote to my friend, the groom, and told him: "I know you don't care, but I found the perfect dress for your wedding. It's fabulous."

He wrote back: "You're right, I don't care. Kidding! I'm glad you're excited and that you're going to look fabulous."

I corrected him: "The dress is fabulous. I'm going to look hot!"

And you know what, I kind of believe I will.

No comments: