Monday, June 08, 2009

And the wait begins

I had a relatively uneventful weekend and then started my progesterone (in oil via intramuscular shots and suppositories via....you know) and the Lovonox in my stomach. The bloating continues -- big distended belly each night.

My dilemma for today -- because I had IUI, I have moments where I actually forget that I could be pregnant. And so on Friday, during one of these lapses, I made a date for next Monday with E. Hmmmmm.

I spoke to the doctor's office today and they said, absolutely I can have sex, in fact "some couple even have sex after the IUI, you never know." I didn't correct the nurse that this is not my situation, but took the verdict and continued the deliberation of whether I should go or not.

Some friends say, don't go. If your test is negative, you will think that you did something wrong.

Others say, go. Enjoy yourself. Relax.

I thought about it all day. I called my sister-in-law and asked for her advice, but prefaced it with, I think I know what my decision is. She listened to both sides of the argument and then said, it's a tough call. What do you think?

I told her what I will tell you now, if I can't decide, if I'm waffling so much back and forth, then I probably know deep down that I shouldn't go.

I'm going to text him later tonight or tomorrow and tell him I had to have a "chick-related" procedure done and am on "vaginal rest" for the next 10 days, can we do it the following Monday?

If I'm not pregnant, consolation prize. If I am, I'll figure out what to tell him then.

No comments: