Sunday, August 08, 2010

Growth

I forgot to write about this. This is real growth on my part.

Last Saturday, I saw on FB that it was the anniversary of friends in Virginia. I looked at my calendar and didn't have it written down. So I checked my dates book to make sure I had it. There it was, "Peter & Sherry, 1999." And in the same date, "Chris's birthday."

Chris's birthday. And it never occurred to me. I didn't remember or think about it.

For the first time in seven years, July 31 was just July 31. It was Peter and Sherry's 11th anniversary and nothing else.

I call that real growth.

1 comment:

Rachel Federman said...

Only read a few posts but can gather what you meant by this. It *is* real growth. Great to hear stuff like this. I was (still am) someone who always has those knee-jerk date associations too, often about sad stuff.