Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Consolation Prize

My blood test is within the next week. I've been alternately scared and hopeful, trying not to read into the tiredness, my contacts bugging me and the slight twinges in my lower abdomen.

E texted me last night. "in seattle...thinkin bout that mouth"

I slept through the beeps. I wrote back to him this morning. And the sexting started. And then he laid it out there. "we need to hook up. soon."

"next week?"

We planned on next Wednesday, same hotel, about 5:30pm. And then I googled "sex after IVF." Depending on the website, the general consensus is either no sex until the first ultrasound at six weeks, or no sex until the second trimester -- if the doctor let them have sex at all during the pregnancy.

And so, I'll know for sure by Monday. If I'm pregnant, I'll tell him it's a no go. And I'll finally explain to him what's going on in my life. If I'm not, I get to have really great, mind-blowing sex next week, bruised stomach and all. (Yea, that's hot.)

As much as I want to see him again, as much as I want to be with him again, I hope I don't get to.

No comments: