Tuesday, December 09, 2008

To Christmas or Not to Christmas

Still don't know what I'm doing for Christmas. And my OCD is starting to kick in. I like plans. I know knowing what I'm doing. And not knowing what I'm doing, if I'm driving north or south, if I'm spending Christmas with high anxiety or in my pj's all day.

I'm not sure how to make the decision. If the embryo transfer is on the 23rd or earlier, then it's a no-brainer that I'll go to Richmond. But if the transfer is on Christmas Eve, how do I really explain to my family that I'd rather spend Christmas day in a car, alone, for eight hours, than spend the holiday with them?

It's perplexing, that's for sure. I'm trying not to stress over it. But it's hard.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to come to Richmond....You can call us for eight hours and no be lonely!!!

Mom and me

Clownface said...

It sounds like you need to know what to do in the event the transfer is on the 24th. Because you already know what you will do if you implant before then. Deep breath.

So, there is a (x%) chance you MAY need to manage some anxiety. If you are implanting on the 24th and the choice is anxiety or no anxiety (but maybe a little isolation, or loneliness, or confused feelings?) then I'd pick no anxiety and wait to drive. I'm not sure anxiety and positive pregnancy thoughts will go well together, and your anxiety may be greater - it has had more opportunity to develop its muscles. And, your first obligation is to yourself - then your wee one - then the rest of your family. That's an MSW talking.